Email coaching is a type of online coaching that is done mostly or completely via email. While ‘regular’ online coaching with weekly video calls is great for some people, it’s not for everyone.
Email coaching is an amazing alternative if you are someone who wants a coach to help motivate and guide them but can’t incorporate weekly live video calls into their schedule or doesn’t enjoy that type of interaction. It’s also great for people who enjoy putting their thoughts and feelings into writing rather than speaking them.
Email coaching is for you if:
- You like to take your time with your words and thoughts, and tend to express yourself better in writing
- You like to muse and reflect on your thoughts, and work at your own pace
- You have a busy schedule and don’t need another weekly call to add to it
- You need accountability but also enjoy freedom and independence
- You like flexibility in your life – with no phone or video chat appointments, email coaching is perfect for this
- You dislike talking on the phone
- You have written people notes about difficult subjects rather than talk face to face
Other benefits of email coaching:
- Usually much cheaper than ‘regular’ online coaching
- You’ll get quicker help on issues or challenges, you won’t need to wait until your next appointment or session
- You’ll have a record of your questions and my responses in writing forever
- Not limited by location or timezone
The REAL benefit of email coaching is that if it’s the right format of coaching for you, you will almost certainly gain more out of it than you would with normal coaching. In live video coaching sessions it is hard for more shy, introverted people to fully open up and express themselves, and therefore they won’t truly get the help they need. But in writing, it’s much easier to express difficult thoughts or feelings sometimes.
While email coaching has many benefits and is a great tool for some, it is not a good fit for everyone. If you are a talker and enjoy face to face conversations, you will probably benefit more from the ‘regular’ coaching format.
Email coaching is probably NOT for you if:
- Writing & reading aren’t your favorite activities
- You tend to best express yourself verbally
- You like talking and bouncing ideas off someone in real time
IF EMAIL COACHING INTERESTS YOU, CONTACT ME BELOW! I WILL GIVE YOU MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE PROGRAMS I OFFER AND WE’LL SEE IF IT’S A GOOD FIT.